How do we measureAll s::can instruments can be operated according to the “plug & measure” principle: With a simple plug connection, which provides power supply and data communication, the s::can sensors are connected to s::can terminals and are ready for use immediately. All s::can instruments are pre-calibrated ex works. The s::can terminals are equipped with the respective connectors (fully compatible interfaces) and the software for operation the s::can probes and sensors.
All s::can measurement systems consisting of standardised s::can products are ready for use without the need for complex initial procedures on site (no wiring, no long settings, no initial calibrations etc.). The “plug & measure” principle avoids complex installation procedures on site and thus does not only save time during initial operation, but also reduces avoidable errors.
Manufactured using highly resistant materials and tested according to the highest quality standards, s::can measurement instruments can be used in practically all types of water. The highly optimised design completely eliminates all moving parts in contact with the water. This reduces failures and maintenance dramatically.
Using standardised mounting devices, s::can spectrometer probes can be installed quickly and effortlessly, either submersed (InSitu) or in a flow through setup (by-pass, monitoring station).
All s::can instruments are intelligent - amongst others local calibrations are stored on the instruments and auto-diagnosis procedures are used to ensure best possible operation.
Suitable for a wide range of applications, ranging from very low up to very high concentrations, from sum parameters to measurement of single substances, from ultra pure water to industrial waste waters, s::can monitoring systems provide reliable and accurate readings. Even in such applications, that had remained impossible for other instruments.
Advantages of s::can instruments
• the world´s first submersible UV-Vis spectrometer
• multi-substance concentrations measured accurately with the ease of a thermometer
• spectro::lyser: NO3 / COD / BOD / TOC / FTU / TSS in one probe
• ammo::lyser: NH4 / K+ / pH / Temp in one other probe
• DO, pH, ORP, Cl, conductivity in separate sensors
• plug & measure within 2 minutes after unpacking
• long term stable factory calibration
• almost zero maintenance and no replacement parts
• most efficient automatic pressure air cleaning system
• > 2000 systems sold world wide
• for clean water, waste water, and industrial applications
• replacing cabinet analysers and UV monitors – NO chemicals
• all this at an unbeatable price level